Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Why I Created This Blog

This blog has been created out of concern for my friends and family, who may not be educated on the vaccine industry and its implications on our lives today and in the future.  There is an overwhelming amount of information available to parents today, and some of the typical websites looked to for guidance (AAP, CDC) are not unbiased as they may seem.  I was uninformed about vaccines when my first was born and had him vaccinated through 6 months.  When my eyes were finally opened to the facts that are easily dismissed or covered up, I was shocked and concerned. 

While I could have easily decided to not share this information with others, and keep my vaccine decisions to myself (since it is such a taboo subject,) I could not bare the thought of what could happen if I didn't.  I could not live with the guilt of watching someone close to me suffer with the possibilities of vaccine-injury, when I knew I had facts I could have shared and possibly spared them. 

Does that mean I am an anti-vaccine pusher?  No.  My goal is to educate parents so they can make a decision confidently.  I completely respect the decisions others make regarding their children, just as I expect my decisions to be respected.  My only hope is that parents will spend the time to look into these matters.  After all, we spend 10 months researching baby items, names, room colors, etc., can't we spend a few hours reading up on the subject of vaccines that could determine the future of our children, as well as ours?

0 comments:

Post a Comment